Enjoying this page?
- Why is the name חיי שרה when most of the פרשה is talking about events after her death?
- What is the משל of the מדרש?
- It should be the other way. Why?
- The same is true that we need not be upset when the time comes for one to pass. Why?
- Which word does it not say when יעקב passed away?
- What does the גמרא say about this.
- How do we see in the פסוק with regard to שרה?
- The life of a righteous person can be really seen after their passing?
- A boat when it leaves with the people is sent off by friends and reletives with great excitement but when it comes back no big deal is made out of it.
- Because when you start a journey we don’t know if how the journey will work out. But on the return if your successful there is reason for celebrations.
- Since if the person lived an accomplished life then they had a successful journey.
- It does not say מת
- יעקב אבינו לא מת מה זרעו בחיים אף הוא בחיים
- The Torah repeats many times the words שנה to tell us that she had a perfect life. That is why it is really חיי שרה after she finished her journey.